MINING ENGINEERING DRAINTUBE CONDUCTIVE
To protect the groundwater table from the ingress of contaminated leachate, a waterproofing system is installed during the construction or extension of landfills. To control tightness in the short and long term at the bottom of cells, a DRAINTUBE® CONDUCTIVE drainage geocomposite is installed to check for leaks when building the structure and drain any leachate leakage during operation.
DRAINTUBE® CONDUCTIVE is a conductive geotextile consisting of a conductive grid placed between a filter and a drainage layer. Positioned at the bottom of ponds, between two geomembranes, it helps detect leaks through electric control, and mechanically protects the geomembrane against puncture.
The construction of a double waterproofing layer via geomembrane increases the safety of the entire system in terms of environmental risks.
Waterproofing control through electrical detection after implementation guarantees the total watertightness of the system. DRAINTUBE® CONDUCTIVE helps carry out these controls even when the two geomembranes are separated by a layer of air (electrically insulating).
Connection to the collector via the Quick Connect system
The Quick Connect system directly connects the mini-drains from the DRAINTUBE® CONDUCTIVE to the main collector drain. In the event of gas drainage, it generates negative pressure in the entire system.
- This product performs 4 functions : mechanical protection, filtration, drainage and leak detection
- Homogeneous flow of electric current under the waterproofing layer
- Possible leak detection when the membrane is apparent using an electric brush, or when the membrane is covered using the dipole-dipole method
- Polypropylene geocomposite consisting of a conductive grid with a mesh structure with 3 mm x 7 mm polyethylene threads, combined with a 50 mm x 50 mm mesh conductor stainless steel thread
- Roll width : 3.90 m
- Roll length : 50 m
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-drains : 16, 20 and 25 mm
- 4 possible distances between mini-drains : 200 cm, 100 cm, 50 cm and 25 cm