AFITEX Middle East installed cover of landfill cell with 171 000 m2 of DRAINTUBE FT
AFITEX Middle East supplied 170,000 m2 of DRAINTUBE FT to cover a landfill at Al Ghabawi to provide rainwater drainage and mechanical protection of the waterproofing system.
It replaces the top protection geotextile, a 0.20 m thick layer of granular drainage material and the filtration geotextile.
This solution is appreciated by landfill operators for many advantages such as :
- Protection of the waterproofing geomembrane against puncture
- Effective drainage of rainwater
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution, does not require any granular material
- Covering soil filtration
- Improved waterproofing performance by limiting hydraulic loads on the geomembrane and pressure under the geomembrane
- Stability of the final cover
Project owner by Greater Amman Municipality
Costumer : Join venture of two construction companies Christopher D. Constantinidis S.A. (Greece) and Helector S.A. (Greece) : J/V CONHELEC (Jordan)
Some pictures of project :